Looking for a great springtime cookie recipe to make with your family and friends? These Spring Lemon Crinkle Cookies from Family Cookie Recipes are just the thing!
These lemon crinkle cookies are perfect for so many occasions. Whip up a batch and see how quickly they disappear. Made to be sweet and crisp on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside, these lemon crinkle cookies are perfect for the spring season.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Chill: 2 hours
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- Food coloring — pink, blue, yellow
- ½-1 cup powdered sugar to roll the cookie dough in
- In a large mixing bowl, combine and cream together the butter and granulated sugar.
- Then, add in the eggs and mix together until fluffy.
- Next, add the lemon juice and lemon zest and stir until fully incorporated.
- After that, stir in the baking powder until well mixed.
- Now it is time to mix in the flour, complete this in three batches, mixing well between each until fully combined.
- Proceed to divide the dough into 4 equal sized portions. Then, using food coloring, tint each portion a different shade. Make one pink, one yellow, one blue, and one purple — perfect spring colors!
- To achieve the best and tastiest results, place all the dough balls into the fridge to chill for 2 hours.
- Begin preheating the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, pour the powder sugar to prepare for rolling the dough in.
- Then, pull your cookie dough from the fridge and scoop into 1-inch sized balls and roll them into powdered sugar until well coated.
- Place each ball onto the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes, serve and enjoy!