6 Cool DIY Father’s Day Cards for a Military Dad
Father’s Day is right around the corner, and there’s no better way to let Dad know how much you care than with a handmade card. We’ve rounded up 6 nerdy, funny, and thoughtful ideas to help show Dad some love.
What You Need: Cardstock | Green, gray, brown, and white paint | Black Sharpie
1. Paint your palm and thumb green and your four fingers brown.
2. Draw the outlines of the face and body with the Sharpie marker.
3. Fill in the ears with green paint.
4. Use the gray and white paint to add in face details.
5. Write “Yoda Best Dad!” on the top of the card.
2. Rocket Card
What You Need: Printable rocket template | black, white, red, yellow, and orange paper | Scissors | Glue | Hole punch | Orange and red yarn | Black marker
1. Use the template and use it to cut out the rocket and stars from the white, red, yellow, and orange paper.
2. Glue stars and rocket from the black paper.
3. Use the hole punch to make a few holes at the bottom of the rocket and threat the yarn through the holes.
4. Write “I love you to the moon and back” inside the rocket.
What You Need: Printable melon template | Black, pink, red, light, and green craft foam sheets | White cardstock | Scissors | Googly eyes | Glue | Black marker
1. Use the template to cut out the melon from the craft glue.
2. Glue the melon to the cardstock.
3. Glue on the googly eyes and rosy cheeks from pink craft foam.
4. Draw on smile and seeds to melon.
5. Write “Dad, You’re One in a Melon!” on the card.
What You Need: Blank card | Orange, black, blue, and brown paper | Craft glue | Black marker
1. Cut the orange paper into a rectangle and cut slits to make it a vest. Fold both sides to the middle.
2. Cut small strips of black paper and glue them to the life vest to make straps.
3. Cut brown paper into an oar and blue paper into water and glue all pieces onto to card.
4. Write “You’re the Vest Dad!” on the top of the card.
What You Need: A5 colored card | A3 sugar paper | Felt pens | Scissors | Googly eyes | Glue
1. Cut out a monster from the A5 card and long arms from the A3 sugar paper.
2. Glue the arms to the back of the monster.
3. Decorate the monster with spots and google eyes.
What You Need: Box of Mike and Ikes | Toothpicks | Glue | Black card
1. Find three pairs of the same colored candies and break toothpicks so they are the same length as the Mike and Ikes.
2. Stick the toothpick through the bottom of the candy and glue them on the card.
3. Write “Stay cool, Dad” on the card.
4. Bow Tie Pasta Card
Make Dad’s Day with These Tips:
Solutions for Your Military Family:
Life Insurance, Wealth Management, Mortgages, Survivor Services, and more.