Wait a minute, did we read this right? Watermelon grilled cheese bites? OMG – fantastic! We love this idea from the Brit.co blog.
- 1/4 watermelon, seedless
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese (firm, Greek cheese found at gourmet supermarkets)
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil to coat grill racks
- Special Equipment: Grill
- Preheat your grill to medium-high. Toss arugula with balsamic vinegar.
- Cut off sides and ends of the watermelon to create a rectangular cube; slice into thin pieces, about 1 centimeter in width.
- Trim your block of halloumi to match the size of your watermelon slices.
- Then slice halloumi to match the width of the watermelon slices.
- Line a plate with paper towels to catch the juices of the watermelon after grilling. Place the watermelon slices on the grill and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn slices over and add the halloumi to the grill. Flip halloumi after 1 minute. Cook for 1 more minute and then remove both watermelon and halloumi slices from the grill, and place on the plate lined with paper towels.
- Now it’s time to assemble! Place halloumi slices on half of the watermelon slices. Top halloumi with arugula and then another watermelon slice. Serve immediately and enjoy!