Crispy, sauce-covered, finger-licking chicken is one of the absolute must-have snacks for the Big Game. But, instead of picking up the same old bucket of chicken from your local fast food drive-thru, why not make your own quick, simple and affordable version that will impress your friends, family and waist line all at once!
The Squishy Monster‘s Angela shows us how to make chicken wing magic!
What you’ll need
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 habaneros
- Salt and peppet
- 1/4-1/2 cup brown sugar
How it’s done
- Boil the chicken wings for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the wings and pat them dry to remove any excess water.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 25-35 minutes on a lightly greased baking sheet, rotating when the skin releases from the pan.
- While the chicken is cooking, cover the mango and habaneros with water and simmer on medium-low heat until tender.
- Cool and puree with salt, pepper and brown sugar to taste.
- Toss the baked wings in the sauce and serve.
For more great cooking inspiration for Game Day and beyond, check out The Squishy Monster blog.