It’s always a good idea to have a gourmet-tasting recipe ready should you need to impress your in-laws, celebrate your anniversary or make something special for your hubby on Valentine’s Day. This simple and elegant recipe idea from Everyday Food is the perfect example!
What you’ll need
Steak & Veggies
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 celery root, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 rib-eye steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon softened unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped (optional)
How it’s done
- Place steaks onto a baking sheet with edges.
- Surround the steaks with the sliced veggies.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over the meat and veggies then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil in a pre-heated oven until the steaks are cooked through and veggies look irresistible. Turn the ingredients after 4-5 minutes. The total cook time should be around 8-10 minutes.
- While the steak is cooking, it’s time to make the horseradish butter! Mix together butter, mustard and horseradish.
- Once the steaks are cooked to perfection, remove them from the pan and tent them with foil for a few minutes.
- Add a bit of butter to each steak, sprinkle with chives and it’s as easy as that!