In this Gooseberry Patch video, Vickie & Joanne show us how to make a simple and tasty fajita recipe, sent in by Karen Campbell. This is great comfort food for a cold, rainy day or the perfect game-day meal for football season. If you have leftovers, they’re great to pack up for lunch!
What you’ll need
- 3 green, yellow or red peppers, sliced
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely minced
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 1-1/4 packages of taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8-12 flour tortillas
- Toppings: salsa, guacamole, sour cream, shredded Colby Jack cheese, chopped black olives, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce
How it’s done
- Layer 1/2 of the peppers, onions, garlic and chicken in a slow cooker. Sprinkle with one package of taco seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Repeat layering & drizzle with oil.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, until chicken is fully cooked and the juices run clear.
- Stir to combine.
- To serve, spoon chicken mixture onto tortillas, adding desired toppings.
- Serves 4-6.
For more fantastic slow-cooker recipes, check out Gooseberry Patch’s Slow Cooking All Year Round.