Winter holiday parties aren’t reserved for Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Celebrate the season with a decadent (yet simple!) treat that will warm you up from the inside out — chocolate truffles rolled in… more chocolate!
Makes approximately 40 truffles.
- 8 oz. semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate (chopped coarsely)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter (room temperature and sliced)
- ¾-cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- Melt the chocolate slowly and carefully in a microwave-safe bowl in your microwave (e.g., melt four times, 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each melting session, until smooth). Set it aside.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan on medium, whisking once in a while until it begins to boil. Remove from heat and add very slowly to the chocolate, stirring gently until smooth. Add in the vanilla extract and butter until it is all combined.
- Allow to cool in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Roll into teaspoon-sized balls in your hands. Do this quickly to avoid melting the chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate balls to cool in the refrigerator overnight, then roll in the cocoa powder.
If you have actually managed to resist eating any of this until now… go for it! Be sure to save some to share with friends.
What is your favorite truffle flavor? Let us know by commenting below or clicking on “Tell Your Story”.