Nothing says autumn quite like baked goodies! And let’s be honest, what’s better than pumpkin flavored treats this time of year?! In this video, Erica shares her recipe for these delicious pumpkin scones. If and when you try out this recipe, let us know what you think!
What you’ll need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons molasses
- 1 stick of butter (cold)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1-2 tablespoons half and half (until the mixture begins to get runny)
How it’s done
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar and flour. Set mixture aside.
- Cut cold butter into small cubes and add to mixture. Begin cutting your butter into the dry mixture.
- In another bowl, add the pumpkin, molasses, half and half, egg and vanilla extract.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into the dry butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Knead dough into a ball on a cutting board sprinkled with flour.
- Press dough down into a flat surface (about 1/2 inch thick)
- Cut the dough into a rectangle and cut into triangles (as seen in the video).
- Place the triangles onto a cookie sheet and bake in a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.
- While the scones are in the oven, let’s make the glaze! Sift powdered sugar into a clean bowl. Add 1-2 tablespoons of half and half to the sugar until it has the consistency of a glaze (runny, but not too runny).
- Once the scones have cooled for about 5 minutes, add the glaze and enjoy!