Sofia Alejandra shares some tips and guidance that have helped her family get ready for deployment as effectively as possible.
Some of her fabulous recommendations:
- Make sure your power of attorney is in place before your spouse deploys
- It’s also not a bad idea to entrust a close family member with power of attorney
- Establish living wills
- Cancel or freeze your spouse’s cell phone while they’re away
- Sit down together to establish a financial plan before leaving
- Talk to your creditors about the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) to lower your interest rates
- Make sure your Military ID won’t expire while your spouse is deployed.
- Don’t forget to set up Skype!
- Work out a deployment budget with your spouse
- Freeze spouse’s car insurance while they’re away
- Make a list of items they will need or want while on tour
- Establish interaction strategy between deployed parent and kids