These cookies from Bakergirl may be the cutest thing we’ve ever seen! What a great idea for a holiday party or just baking fun with your little one.
This is one way to get creative with your holiday baking: peanut butter cookies that look like reindeer faces. With a relatively short ingredients list, a simple recipe, and a 375-degree oven… this is one way to make a tasty and unique treat at Christmastime.
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate-covered mini pretzels
- Mini brown M&Ms
- Regular-sized red M&Ms
- Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, milk, and vanilla in large bowl, beating on medium until well blended. Add egg and continue to beat until just blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Blend with creamed mixture on low until just blended.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and shape them into a reindeer by pinching the bottom of the ball slightly to form a point, then gently flatten it with your hand.
- Space cookies about 2″ apart on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 7 to 8 minutes, just until they begin to turn brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately (and gently) press two mini pretzels into the tops of the cookies for the reindeer’s antlers. Press two mini brown M&Ms in for the eyes and one red M&M for the nose.
- Allow to cool 2 minutes before transfering to a wire rack or paper towel to cool completely.
Visit the original post to see how they come to life!