These cookies from Bakergirl may be the cutest thing we’ve ever seen! What a great idea for a holiday party or just baking fun with your little one.
This is one way to get creative with your holiday baking: peanut butter cookies that look like reindeer faces. With a relatively short ingredients list, a simple recipe, and a 375-degree oven… this is one way to make a tasty and unique treat at Christmastime.
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate-covered mini pretzels
- Mini brown M&Ms
- Regular-sized red M&Ms
- Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, milk, and vanilla in large bowl, beating on medium until well blended. Add egg and continue to beat until just blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Blend with creamed mixture on low until just blended.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and shape them into a reindeer by pinching the bottom of the ball slightly to form a point, then gently flatten it with your hand.
- Space cookies about 2″ apart on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 7 to 8 minutes, just until they begin to turn brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately (and gently) press two mini pretzels into the tops of the cookies for the reindeer’s antlers. Press two mini brown M&Ms in for the eyes and one red M&M for the nose.
- Allow to cool 2 minutes before transfering to a wire rack or paper towel to cool completely.
Visit the original post to see how they come to life!
What temperature do you bake the cookies at?
That would help, wouldn’t it! 375 F 🙂