Passover is underway; so, let’s get traditional with this fantastic recipe for matzo balls! For this installment of What’s Cooking Wednesday, Joy of Kosher’s Jamie Geller shares her recipe for this classic.
What you’ll need(to prepare 28 matzo balls)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seltzer
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup matzo meal
How it’s done
- Crack and lightly beat eggs with a fork in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add seltzer and olive oil and beat with a fork.
- Add matzo meal and lightly mix with a fork.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Fill a large (wide) pot with water. Add a generous punch of salt, and bring to a boil.
- Lightly coat your hands with olive oil and roll matzo mixture into 1 to 2-inch balls.
- Once all balls have been added to the water, cover and simmer 30-40 minutes.
- Add to your favorite soup.