- If you’re pregnant during your service member’s deployment, send a 3-D ultrasound of your growing baby to your deployed spouse.
- Get involved with activities on post/base.
- Make goals for yourself during your service member’s absence. This could be fitness-based, education or career-based – as long as it’s something just for you.
- Plan a special activity every month. This will help you break away from everyday schedules and give you and your family something to look forward to.
- Have your deployed service member send letters to the kids. They’ll feel so special!
MilSpouse Jasmine recently posted a question to her MilSpouse friends on social media asking how they coped with deployments. For Jasmine, care packages and letters are her go-to way of coping with her husband’s deployment. Here are some other ideas Jasmine brings up and ideas that her friends recommend: