This recipe for homemade gummy bears is a great activity to do with your kids. If you need to prepare dinner at the same time, this is a wonderful way to entertain the kids while keeping an eye on them at the same time.
What you’ll need:
- Candy molds (which can be purchased from most craft stores)
- 1/3 cup of water
- 3 oz. package flavored gelatin
- 2- 1/4 oz. packages non-flavored gelatin
- small saucepan
- glass measuring cup
- corn starch (optional)
- Pour the water into the small saucepan.
- Slowly pour non-flavored gelatin packages into the water. Wait 2 minutes for some of the water to absorb.
- Add flavored gelatin to the water.
- Wait 10 minutes for the gelatin to absorb more water.
- Put saucepan on medium heat, stirring until completely dissolved (about 3-4 minutes).
- Remove from heat and pour into a glass measuring cup.
- Pour gelatin into candy molds.
- Allow the molds to sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Freeze molds for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the backs of the candies with corn starch. Brush off excess powder. (prevents them from sticking together).
- Remove candies from molds.