If you’re craving that holiday gingerbread taste, but want a healthier substitute, gingerbread granola is such a great option! Give it as a gift or treat your family to this healthy holiday treat tomorrow morning. You can even leave some out for Santa this evening!
This recipe will make about 4 1/2 – 5 cups of Christmas tastiness that won’t de-rail your healthy eating habits.
What you’ll need
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
How it’s done
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, walnuts, almonds.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- Pour molasses, vanilla extract, olive oil, maple syrup and brown sugar into oat-nut mixture. Stir well to combine and coat all ingredients.
- Sprinkle spices over the mixture, coating well. Stir to combine.
- Spread mixture onto the lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir chopped cranberries into the mixture. Bake for 10 more minutes or until golden.
- Let the granola cool, and enjoy!
What are some other healthy holiday treats you and your family have made this year?