The fall season is right around the corner and before you know it, winter will be upon us. Now is the time to get your garage organized while the weather is mild and before the snowfall, cold temperatures, and indoor activities. The lazy days of summer bring outdoor gear, sports equipment, and beach toys, as well as the clutter in your garage from all these items.
Here are some simple tips and DIY projects to get you organized fast:
- The first step is seeing what you have. Pack up the summer items and put them to the back of your garage, while bringing the fall items forward. This is also a great time to bring your Christmas décor and items forward. I know, we said Christmas, but it will help you in the coming months.
- To maximize space you can hang your tools, bikes, and other large items on the wall using hooks or organization systems. Check your local hardware store for special deals as the spring season is when these items are usually full price.
- If you can’t find any systems or hooks that fit your garage space, you can make custom racks with lumber and a few simple steps. Your hardware store can even cut your materials for you at no extra cost to make the project even simpler. Some sample templates can be found at Familyhandyman.com
- If you want a great system out of the box with no hammering or drilling, Rubbermaid has a tower rack system that will fit any size space. Find it on Amazon here or visit Rubbermaid.com to see all their easy solutions.
- Speaking of Rubbermaid, nothing says organization like a large bin and a label maker. Put all the beach sand toys in one and all sports equipment in another, creating a stackable system the most inexpensive way possible.
For more tips and tricks visit DIYncrafts