Waking up on Christmas morning, your loved ones are around you and you want to make something that will give them the perfect start to their Christmas Day. Laura Vitale shares a great recipe for these warm and cozy flavors; a perfect morning treat that’s easy to prepare. The recipe below will serve 4-6 people.
What you’ll need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 cups of milk
- 2 eggs, separated
How it’s done
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl until stiff peaks begin to form. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, vanilla and eggnog. Pour this mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. Add milk a bit at a time until the batter is thick enough to still resemble a traditional pancake batter, but thinned out just a bit.
- Fold in egg whites carefully, allowing the batter to rest while preheating the griddle pan over medium heat.
- Grease the griddle pan with a little non-stick spray or butter. Using a 1/3 measuring cup, scoop batter from bowl and add to the pan, allowing them to cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown on both sides and fully cooked through.