Remember how magical snow globes were when you were little? Snowy whimsical scenes really bring on the winter and holiday spirit for adults and kids alike! While the intricate collectables are fantastic decorations to put around the house this time of year, a homemade version made with your kids will quickly become much more valuable additions to your collection. Set your child’s homemade creation out to add to holiday cheer around your home, or help your child create one to give to a teacher or your spouse whether they’re at home or deployed this holiday season. DSM Living show’s us how it’s done:
What you’ll need
- A jar of your choice
- Distilled water
- Fine glitter
- Sand paper
- Molding clay
- Ribbon, bows and anything else you’d want to decorate the snow globe
- Large ornament
- Glue gun
How it’s done
- Sand the inside of the jar lid.
- Glue a disk of molding clay to the inside of the lid.
- Glue the large ornament to the disk of molding clay.
- Pour fine glitter and confetti into the jar.
- Pour the distilled water into the jar, filling it about 1 inch from the top of the jar.
- Add about 6 drops of glycerin, and then continue to fill the jar with water, leaving only enough air to fit your ornament.
- Screw in the lid as tightly as you can.
- Now it’s time to decorate the outside of the globe with whatever embellishments you and your child want.