We recently found a great DIY project by Nava on YouTube that’s a great activity for both kids and adults. Whether you’re looking for a weekend craft project to do with the kids or need a funky porch decoration for the upcoming Memorial Day cookout with your family, these glow jars are a fun imaginative accent everyone will enjoy.
What you’ll need:
- Mason jar (you could use any transparent glass container of your choice)
- Glow in the dark paint
- Paper (to use as your paint palette)
- School glue (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
- Pour a small amount of each paint onto your paper palette.
- With a medium-sized paintbrush, apply dots (or designs of your choosing) using different colors of paint to the inside bottom of the jar.
- Once you’ve finished with the base of the jar, apply your designs to the sides. (Cover as much of the glass as possible for a brighter jar.)
- Lay the jar outside, in direct sunlight, giving the paint a chance to dry and charge, using the sun’s rays.
- Optional step: paint a layer of glue onto the jar lid and sprinkle with glitter.
- At dusk or after the sun has set, lay your jar out on the patio, balcony or wherever you like it best and enjoy!