This craft by HeyKayli is a great new take on Easter egg decorating. Whether you’re looking for a cleaner craft for the kids than traditional egg-dying or you want some affordable home decorations when holiday visitors arrive, this simple project is fun and elegant.
- Thread (embroidery or crocheting thread…not yarn)
- Liquid starch
- Balloons of various sizes
- Blow up a balloon until it’s the shape of an egg.
- Pour some liquid starch into a plastic container.
- Unravel thread into starch-filled plastic container. (Be sure the thread is saturated.)
- Wrap wet string around balloon until it’s as covered as you like.
- Tie a dry piece of string to the tip of the balloon.
- Hang to dry. (Be sure to place a paper towel under the balloon for any drips).
- Once dry, clip the balloon so it deflates slowly.
- Hold on to the tip of the balloon while it deflates so you’ll be able to pull it out of your new egg.