HGTV Weekday Crafternoon‘s Marianne takes us through a great bird feeder craft tutorial that’s fun for kids and adults throughout the year.
What you’ll need
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of corn syrup
- 4 cups of bird seed
- 1 package of unflavored gelatin
- Cookie cutter
- Sheet of wax paper
- Drinking straw
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Deep pan or baking dish
- Mix flour, water, corn syrup and gelatin.
- Pour in birdseed. Mix.
- Pour mixture into pan or baking dish. Pat the mixture flat until it’s about 1/2 an inch to 1 inch thick.
- Using the cookie cutter, gently cut out shapes from the flattened mixture, removing them from the pan.
- Place the cut outs onto a greased sheet of wax paper.
- Cut a hole in the shape using a drinking straw. (This is where you will thread the twine through the feeder.)
- Allow the feeders to dry overnight.
- Once dry, thread twine through the hole and tie a knot. They’re ready to hang on any tree or porch for birds to enjoy!