Let’s be real, who doesn’t love some junk food now and again!? Taco Bell’s Crunchwrap Supreme is a classic, but is it really worth the guilt of knowing what you’re really eating (a lot of calories and a lot of salt)? Ok, it might be THAT good! But, there’s an equally tasty version you can make yourself. You can also alter KaylaSaysRawwr‘s recipe to make it as healthy as you like! The tasty-looking recipe is her version of this fast-food favorite!
What you’ll need
- 1 container of sour cream
- 1 jar of queso (as mild or spicy as you like)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 bag shredded lettuce
- 1 package of shredded cheese
- 1 bag of large flour tortillas
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 bag of small flour tortillas
How it’s done
- Pre-heat oven to 465 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour the queso into a small saucepan and heat on medium-high heat. Stir occasionally. Once it’s hot, reduce heat to low.
- Brown beef. Add the taco seasoning to the cooked, ground beef. Stir the seasoning in with a few teaspoons of water to keep the meat moist. Reduce heat to low.
- Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray. Add small tortillas (1 for each Crunchwrap you’re preparing + a few just in case some break). Place in the pre-heated oven. Check on them every 2-3 minutes. Once they turn light brown, turn and place them back in the oven for the other side to crisp up.
- Wet the large tortillas on both sides.
- Add a scoop of meat to the center of the large tortilla.
- Pour warm queso over the beef.
- Place a small tortilla on top of the queso.
- Add a layer of cheese, tomatoes, sour cream and lettuce.
- Wet a second tortilla on both sides.
- On the stove, heat a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Fold the edges of the tortilla in, adding water to the tortillas as you go, so they stay flexible and preventing them from sticking to each other so steam can escape while they cook. Hold the folded tortilla for about a minute so it will keep it’s shape long enough for you to flip it over into the hot skillet.
- Brown the tortillas on each side, and voila!