If you’re looking for a fun new addition to your Christmas dinner menu, Betty‘s clove-studded red cinnamon pears are a cheerful and delicious treat to serve your family and friends. Their red color will brighten up your dinner table while the cloves and natural shape of the fruit are sure to portray an elegant and gourmet presentation. The best part is that they’re fun and simple to prepare!
What you’ll need:
- 29-oz. can of pear halves, drained (with syrup reserved)
- Whole cloves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup of red cinnamon drops (Red Hots)
- Red food coloring (optional)
- Jar or storage container with lid
How to do it:
- Slice pear halves down the middle to make pear quarters.
- Push the cloves into the pears gently, in a design and amount of your choosing.
- In a medium saucepan, add the cinnamon candies to the reserved pear juice. Cook the mixture over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- If you want the mixture to have a brighter color, add a few drops of red food coloring.
- Let the syrup cool for about 5-10 minutes
- Pour the mixture over pears. Pop them into the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
The pears should be made at least 1 day in advance, and can be kept up to 5 days before serving them.
What are some of your favorite Christmas recipes? Share them in the Comments below, or tell us your story.