Author: Divas Can Cook
Chicken Taco Salad makes dinner so easy and flavorful! This recipe is loaded and topped with sour cream and salsa!
- 3 large chicken breast, cubed
- ¾ cup red onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- TACO SPICE
- 1½ Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½-1 teaspoon sea salt
- Tortilla chips
- Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- lettuce, shredded
- tomatoes, diced
- black olives
- sour cream
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add red onions, garlic and chicken.
- Cook until chicken is almost cooke through.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Mix together taco spice seasoning and add this to the chicken mixture.
- Stir to combine. Add a little water if needed.
- Continue cooking chicken until cooked all the way through.
- Adjust seasoning if needed, but be careful not to add to much salt since the toppings have plenty of salt.
- Remove chicken mixture from heat when done.
- Prepare the toppings.
- Assemble the taco salad by add lettuce,tomatoes, crushed tortilla chips, chicken, salsa, sour cream, cheese and black olives.