Ready for the holidays? If not, this will put you in the mood! It’s an awesome recipe for yummy candy cane marshmallow pops from the Liv Life blog!
What you’ll need:
- 1 child to crush candy canes (optional, but fun)
- Large marshmallows
- Mini candy canes
- Melted chocolate (try Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate block)
- Crushed candy canes
How to put it together:
- Melt the chocolate. This can be a tricky step. If you do it in the microwave, do so at 30-second intervals. Stir after every 30 seconds and reduce the time in subsequent heating sessions until the chocolate is melted. Alternatively, you can heat the chocolate slowly on your stove the traditional way, using a double boiler.
- Once the chocolate is melted, stick a candy cane into a marshmallow.
- Using candy cane as a grip, dip the marshmallow into the melted chocolate, letting excess chocolate drip off.
- Roll into the crushed candy cane until coated.
- Set on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and allow to set.
These sweet sweet holiday treats are another great way to get creative with your holiday baking involving all the holiday staUPples, candy canes, marshmallows and chocolate. With a relatively short ingredients list and a simple recipe, this is one way to make a tasty and unique treat at Christmas time. No ovens or machines needed!
Not ready to stop baking? Try these: Melting Snowman Cookies and Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies.
What is your favorite dessert during the holidays? Let us know by commenting below, or tell us your story.