If you’re looking for a no-bake Christmas treat, these candy cane hearts are the perfect DIY project to do with the kids or to prepare as a cute gift for friends.
What you’ll need
- 1 package of mini peppermint candy canes
- 1 package milk chocolate chips
- 1 package white chocolate chips
- Christmas sprinkles
- Plastic sandwich bag
- Cookie sheet lined with wax paper
- Lollipop or cake pop sticks (optional)
How it’s done
- Remove candy canes from packaging.
- Arrange candy canes on wax paper-lined cookie sheet so that they form hearts. (Fit a lollipop stick into the bottom corner of the heart, making sure the stick will be covered by about a half inch of chocolate in the middle of the heart to create candy cane heart pops.)
- Pour chocolate chips (or white chocolate chips) into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave 30 seconds at a time until chocolate is completely melted, stirring after each 30 seconds.
- Pour melted chocolate into the plastic bag and twist to make it easy to pipe the chocolate into the hearts.
- Cut the tip off the bag and pipe into the center of the candy cane hearts.
- Add sprinkles while chocolate is still melted. (You can also crush up some extra candy canes to sprinkle over the chocolate.)
What are some other great Christmas treats you love?