Melting Snowman Cookies
We are in a cookie craze lately! Look at these adorable ones we stumbled upon. What a fun recipe for your little ones this holiday season!
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Land O Lakes® All-Natural Eggs
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat sugar, butter and brown sugar in large bowl at medium speed until well mixed.
- Add eggs, cream of tartar and vanilla, beating until well mixed.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt, beating at low speed until well mixed.
- Shape dough into 24 balls.
- Place 2 inches apart onto un-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Melt candy coating according to package directions.
- Make 1 snowman at a time, spreading 1 tablespoon melted candy coating in center of cookie to resemble melting snow.
- Place marshmallow onto cookie for head.
- Decorate as desired, adding face, scarf, buttons, arms, etc., using candy coating to attach, if necessary.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and decorations.
- Reheat candy coating, if necessary.