James Lander from Operation GoodJobs offers recommendations to MilSpouses looking for work, but aren’t sure where to start:
- Don’t feel obligated to explain your spouse’s deployment schedule with your boss or potential boss.
- Look for opportunities with national or international offices.
- Consider opportunities that allow you to telecommute (the Federal Government is a good place to start).
- Take a look at regional opportunities that require travel.
- Temping and flex employment are great if you don’t want to commit to anything long term.