Soldiers’ Angels is a volunteer-led 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization providing aid and comfort to the men and women of the United States Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, and their families. Founded in 2003 by the mother of two American soldiers, its hundreds of thousands of Angel volunteers assist Veterans, Wounded and deployed personnel and their families in a variety of unique and effective ways.
With the assistance of their generous supporters , the many volunteers of Soldiers’ Angels have accomplished amazing feats. To date, their volunteers have sent hundreds of thousands of care packages and letters to “adopted” deployed Servicemembers. Their work includes:
- Sending 25,000 First Response Backpacks to Wounded Warriors at the Combat Support Hospitals in Iraq and Afghanistan and the major Military hospital in Germany
- Providing care and comfort to those in stateside Military and VA facilities
- Providing emergency aid to Military families in need
- Partnering with the Department of Defense to provide voice-controlled/adaptive laptops to over 6,000 Severely-Wounded Servicemembers, as well as other technology that supports rehabilitation
- Providing flights to Soldiers on leave or in emergency situations, and to their families wanting to be with them upon return from overseas
- Providing Level III KEVLAR armored blankets to give personnel extra protection in their vehicles
There are many way to support this great cause. One is adopting a Soldier. When you adopt you are committing to sending a card or letter each week, and a minimum of 1 or 2 care packages a month. This is one of the most important things that can be done to help bring home a healthy hero; it is so very important for each of them to know they are loved and supported, and your letters and care packages prove just that. The length of each adoption depends on the branch of service your Soldier is in and a number of other factors, but generally averages between 6 months to 12 months.