Sweet Potato Gnocchi
Whether or not you maintain a gluten free diet, this sweet potato gnocchi is easy, natural and over-the-top delish! Try something a little different tonight for dinner or impress your friends at your next get-together.
Alex from Bites and Booze will show you how it’s done!
What you’ll need
- About 2 pounds of sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon grey salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/4 cup gluten free flour (plus a few tablespoons for dusting)
For the sauce
- 1 stick of butter
- Pinch of salt
- 15 sage leaves
- Maple syrup for drizzling
How it’s done
- Roast sweet potatoes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 40 minutes. Once they feel soft all the way through, take them out and let them cool.
- Remove the skin and scoop 2 cups of the sweet potato meat into a mixing bowl.
- Add ricotta cheese, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, pepper and flour. Mix until dough forms.
- Divide dough into 3 parts. Roll out into long, thin logs, making sure it’s thinly coated with flour.
- Cut logs into 1 inch pieces and drop into boiling water (give the individual pieces space – if you crowd the gnocchi, they’ll stick together). You’ll know when the gnocchi is done when it floats to the top.
- While you’re boiling the gnocchi in batches, it’s time to make the sauce. Start off by melting the butter in a pan on medium heat. Add salt and pepper, and when the butter is melted, add the sage leaves.
- When the sage is frying and smelling great, add the gnocchi and drizzle a bit of maple syrup over the hot, buttery gnocchi. Remove from the heat, and as if your mouth wasn’t watering enough already, it’s time to dig in!