St. Patrick’s Day Beer Cupcakes
This recipe by Gretchen Price of Woodland Bakery combines some fun and festive cultural Irish tastes into a rich, chocolaty beer cupcake.
As Gretchen will show you, there’s so much more to a cupcake than the icing….but in this case, you’ll be hard pressed to decide which part is better!
What you’ll need
- 10 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup dark Stout beer
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How it’s done
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add cupcake liners to your baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beer and brown sugar. Blend with a hand mixer (or a standing mixer) on low speed until incorporated.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a small pot on the stove.
- Pour the melted chocolate, butter mixture into the bowl with the mixed sugar and beer. Blend until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and the eggs (one at a time) and whisk between each.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together and add it slowly to the chocolate mixture, blending on low speed as you add the dry ingredients.
- Once the batter is smooth, fill each cupcake paper 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 16 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and then it’s time to add some Irish cream chocolate buttercream!
Sit back and enjoy the decadence!
What are you planning to cook or eat in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day?