Fruit Pizza Recipe
Spring is here, and what puts you in the mood for springtime more than fruity desserts?! In this week’s edition of What’s Cooking Wednesday, get ready for some fruit pizza with this ehow recipe tutorial by Chef Kristopher Plummer. It’s simple, tasty and elegant; and here’s what you need to know:
What you’ll need
- 1 tube store-bought sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup water
How it’s done
- Flatten the cookie dough as even as possible along the bottom of a round pie dish.
- Bake cookie dough according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, combine marshmallow fluff, cream cheese, vanilla extract and almond extract with a hand mixer or a whisk.
- In a small saucepan, on medium-low heat, combine apricot preserves and water. Mix occasionally until a syrup forms.
- Once your cookie crust is done baking, allow it to cool completely and remove it from the pie pan.
- Coat the cooled cookie crust with the marshmallow cream cheese mixture.
- Decorate the top of your pizza with any and every kind of fruit you like. A few examples you’ll see in this video include apples, kiwi, berries and oranges. Create your masterpiece!
- Finally, gently brush on your apricot glaze and enjoy!