Autumn Pumpkin Spinach Salad Recipe
This colorful salad is a powerhouse of vitamins and taste! It’s not a light, fresh summer salad. It’s not a hot meal fit for cold weather. MissChievous has created a tasty autumn recipe that’s perfect for October.
What you’ll need
- Fresh spinach
- Purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- Purple grapes, halved
- Figs, quartered
- Plum tomatoes, sliced
- Small pumpkin (1/4 of the pumpkin is needed per person)
- Pumpkin seeds
- Cheese (of your choice), crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sunflower or canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
How it’s done
- Cut your pumpkin in half. Remove seeds. Cut pumpkin into cubes.
- Place cubed pumpkin on a baking sheet, add spices of your choice, olive oil and then toss to coat the pumpkin.
- Bake in oven, pre-heated to 410 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until roasted.
- While the pumpkin is in the oven, roughly chop the nuts and add to a heated skillet until toasted.
- In a salad bowl, add olive oil, sunflower or canola oil, white balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, yogurt, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk ingredients together with any additional herbs you might like.
- Add spinach, cabbage, tomatoes, grapes, figs, nuts, cheese, and roasted pumpkin. Now you’re ready to dig in!
What are some other recipes that are perfect for October?