Apple Fritters for Hanukkah
Hanukkah is all about fried foods! The tradition is symbolic of the miracle of the oil that burned for 8 days when the Maccabees defeated the Syrian-Greeks.
Since the Festival of Light is officially underway, we thought it was appropriate to celebrate with these irresistible apple fritters!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and chopped or cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Oil for frying
Follow along with the lynnsrecipes video above to see how it’s done and let us know how yours turn out! If you celebrate, we hope you have a happy Hanukkah! Otherwise, enjoy these fritters just because 🙂