Winter Pantry Makeover
Did you know there was such a thing as a winter pantry makeover? Well, “makeover” may not be quite the right word, but according to Victoria Spencer of Martha Stewart Living, there are certain items that must be in your pantry. As a Military Family, you probably like to be well prepared and ready for anything that comes along. So here are some of the items on Victoria’s list:
- A variety of canned beans — a standard for many soups
- Rice — a go-to base for stir fries, curries and stuffed peppers
- Pasta — so basic, it needs no explanation… just add sauce
- Polenta — swap it in when you’re missing starches
- Oils — add depth to dishes with flavored oils, and prepare to fry
- Dried Mushrooms — a great earthy mix-in that enhances many recipes
- Nuts — a healthy crunch that adds flavor and bite
But that’s not all. Take a look at the full list of “essentials” to ensure you are fully stocked and have everything you need to create the most flavorful and body-warming meals throughout the winter season.
What’s your favorite ingredient for winter cooking or baking? Let us know by commenting below or by clicking on “Tell Your Story“.