7 Thoughtful DIY Mother’s Day Cards for a Military Mom
Leave the generic greeting cards behind. Take matters into your own (and your kids’) creative hands this Mother’s Day by crafting a DIY card for your Military Mom.We’ve rounded up 7 ideas that will let mom know how much you care with delicious puns, thoughtful designs and, of course, plenty of glitter! Just be sure to wash the glue off your hands before going in for a hug.
What You Need: Cardstock paper | Paint | Glitter | Gems | Ribbon | Glue | Scissors | Black Marker
- Cut cupcake liner from cardstock and decorate with ribbon.
- Paint your hand and press it onto the card and let dry.
- Glue the cupcake liner onto the card and decorate with glitter, gems, and marker.
What You Need: Free printable card | Tape | Double-sided tape | Plastic sandwich bags | Scissors | Ice cream toppings
- Cut plastic bags down to 2-inches and fill with various ice cream toppings.
- Seal each bag with tape and then, moving up the card, adhere bags to the printed card with double-sided tape.
What You Need: Cardstock | Scissors | Pencil | Yarn | Thick needle | Flower template | Pompoms | Glue
- Trace over flower template on cardstock with the pencil.
- Use your needle to punch holes around the flower tracing.
- Thread your needle with the yarn and thread through the holes from one side of the flower to the other.
- Finish by tying a knot behind the card and glue a pompom in the center of the flower.
What You Need: Green and purple paint | Cardstock | Black marker | Paint brush
- Dip thumb in purple paint and stamp the shape of a grape bunch on the card.
- Paint in a step and leaf with green paint.
- Write “Love you bunches” at the top.
What You Need: Free printable card | Cardstock | Printer | Black ink pad | Black pen | Scrapbook paper | Double-sided tape
- Print the card on cardstock and cut to size.
- Press family’s fingerprints onto the card and draw eyes, arms, and legs onto each thumbprint.
- Adhere card to scrapbook paper.
What You Need: Cardstock | Paint | Black marker | Black pen
- Paint child’s feet and have then press them onto paper in a “ballet” foot position.
- Paint on a stem and leaves and write a message with the pen.
What You Need: Blank cards | Sharpies | Pompoms | Glue
- Decide what animal you want to make and glue one big pompom for the body of the mother animal and a couple smaller pompoms for the bodies of the baby animals.
- Draw on the rest of the animal with Sharpies.
More for Your Military Mom:
Solutions for Your Military Family:
Life Insurance, Wealth Management, Mortgages, Survivor Services, and more.