How to Say “Thank You” on the Day of the Deployed
October 26, the Day of the Deployed, is a time to honor our deployed troops and their families for their bravery and sacrifice. Every deployed troop gives up the comfort and security of home to work tirelessly to ensure our safety and freedom. And, while they are not deployed, the families left behind in the U.S. must rearrange their lives to function without a key member, while feeling concerned for their loved one’s safety and anxious for their return.
On the Day of the Deployed, we have the opportunity to show our deployed troops and their families how much we appreciate their sacrifice. It’s also a good time to let them know that they are not alone, and have a support system to help them through the challenging time of deployment. Not sure how to express how much you care? Small acts of kindness, such as the ideas below, tend to be the most meaningful.
Ways to Thank Deployed Troops:
- Send a care package to any deployed servicemembers you know or connect with an organization that sends care packages overseas.
- Make a donation to a military support organization supports a cause close to your heart.
- Connect with Soldiers’ Angels and join in on one of their programs for deployed troops.
- Display a yellow ribbon in remembrance of our servicemembers overseas.
Ways to Thank Military Families of the Deployed:
- Prepare dinner for the family or treat them to something special, such as movie tickets or a day trip.
- Lend a hand and assist with household tasks, chores, and home improvements.
- Take the kids out for some fun, so the Military Spouse gets some time to relax.
- Recognize their service in person or through a letter.
More Stories to See You Through Deployment:
Solutions for Your Military Family:
Life Insurance, Wealth Management, Mortgages, Survivor Services, and more.