Texas MilSpouses: Join Us at the 2019 SpouseLink Retreat
Join Our Team!
Texas Military Spouses, you’re invited for a chance to join us in Palm Springs, California — May 14-16, 2019, with an all-expense-paid trip to our 7th Annual SpouseLink Retreat.
Get to know our current SpouseLink Ambassadors and other members of the SpouseLink team. Learn what it takes to be an Ambassador, representing both SpouseLink and AAFMAA at events in your community. And enjoy the camaraderie of your fellow MilSpouses from around the country.
Why should you join us? We would like to offer you a potential part-time career opportunity with us, representing your duty location. Your attendance at our Retreat is part of our interview process.
Who are we looking for?
If you are an active-duty Military Spouse living in the Fort Hood, TX, or San Antonio, TX, areas, we’d like to meet you! We will select two Ambassador Candidates to attend the Retreat from each location, based on all entries received.
You are a good fit if:
- You would like to represent both AAFMAA and SpouseLink in your community
- You are looking for a part-time, contract position that pays a regular monthly stipend
- Your servicemember has active-duty status
- You have no current plans to PCS in the next year
- You are creative and like to plan events
- You enjoy interacting with others
- You are available to plan and host/attend 2 (two) events per month
- You have basic social media (Facebook/Twitter) skills
What is a SpouseLink Ambassador?
Ambassador Andrea, from Twentynine Palms, CA, shares her story her:
What happens at the SpouseLink Retreat?
The SpouseLink Retreat is a team-building, training, and brainstorming event that we hold annually in Palm Springs, CA. It’s attended by the SpouseLink team, SpouseLink Ambassadors and Ambassador Candidates, members of the AAFMAA business teams, and local AAFMAA Members (at the Tuesday evening Reception, only).
- On Day 1: We host a reception for local AAFMAA Members.
- On Day 2: We get down to business will a full day of basic training. During the first half of the day, you’ll learn about AAFMAA products and services. After lunch, we’ll dive into fun and informative SpouseLink activities and a brainstorming session.
- On Day 3: Time for us all to head home.
DETAILS: Tuesday, May 14
We will fly you from your hometown to the airport in Palm Springs, CA, where you will be picked you up by a private/group car and driven to the resort. You will arrive at Hilton’s Miramonte Resort and Spa in Indian Wells, CA, with time to settle in before the evening events begin.
In early evening, you will join us for the AAFMAA Reception. AAFMAA is the organization that created SpouseLink. At the reception, AAFMAA’s President and Treasurer, MAJ Walter Lincoln USA Ret., CFP®, will celebrate and recognize certain AAFMAA Members as they enjoy a buffet-style dinner and drinks. You may spend the remainder of the evening at your leisure.
DETAILS: Wednesday, May 15
We begin the day with a light, catered breakfast in the meeting room at 9am.
Throughout the day, you will meet, mingle and learn alongside the SpouseLink team, Ambassadors, and other Ambassador Candidates during our training session. The session is designed to inform you about SpouseLink and AAFMAA so that you will be able to share that information with others when you attend events in your home community.
We take multiple breaks throughout the session, including a catered lunch, and the vibe is business casual. We also spend a lot of time laughing as we get to know each other! Bonus: We can open the wall of doors in the room to let in the sunshine and fresh air.
Once the session ends, you will have time to relax at the resort. This may be a good time to go for a swim or just hang out by the pool… or head to the spa for a treatment. We recommend you pre-schedule your appointment. (Please note that any treatments you receive will be at your expense.)
Time for dinner! Join us under the stars, from 6:30-8pm, as we enjoy delicious California cuisine served by the resort restaurant al fresco style. Warning: Decadent desserts are on the menu!
DETAILS: Thursday, May 16
Enjoy one last buffet breakfast served at the resort restaurant.
So long, Palm Springs. Depending on your flight arrangements, you may use the morning at your leisure… perhaps taking a bike ride around the property and surrounds, or enjoying one last refreshing swim.
Ready to apply?
- Please contact us (SpouseLinkEditor@aafmaa.com) as soon as possible, by April 26, 2019, with a brief personal bio that gives us a feel for who you are, what your MilSpouse life is like, and why you would like to be selected as a SpouseLink Ambassador.
- Once we have reviewed all inquiries, we will select 2 (two) candidates from Fort Hood, TX, and 2 (two) candidates from San Antonio, TX, to attend the Retreat.
- If you are selected to attend the Retreat, we will arrange your travel and accommodations, and provide you with all the information you need to join us there. Travel and accommodations and most meal expenses are on us. Payment for incidentals are at your own expense.
- Please note that attending the Retreat as a candidate does not guarantee that you will be selected as an Ambassador, but that is our goal.
- Please help us find the best candidates by sharing this opportunity with your friends!
We wish we could invite everyone to join us at the event, but space is limited. If you are not selected to attend the Retreat this year, there is a possibility you may be invited at another time, depending on our needs.
Please send your bio ASAP, no later than April 26, 2019, to: SpouseLinkEditor@aafmaa.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
More on Our Ambassadors and Texas
Solutions for Your Military Family:
Life Insurance, Wealth Management, Home Mortgages, Survivor Services, and more.