Quick and Easy Memorial Day Menu
Memorial Day marks the beginning of barbecue season, and there’s no better way to celebrate than gathering your Military Family and neighbors for a delicious meal straight from the grill. This menu has you covered with quick and easy cookout recipes that will impress your guests while ensuring you get to enjoy the party, too.
On the Menu
Lime & Mango Salsa
Balsamic BBQ Chicken, Steak, or Vegetables
Sliced Tomatoes with Corn & Feta
American Flag Sugar Cookie Cake
A little sweet and a little spicy, this salsa is the perfect appetizers to wet your guests’ appetites.
3 ripe mangos, diced
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
1 large lime, juiced
Salt, to taste
1. Chop into bite-sized pieces and combine all ingredients in a large serving bowl.
2. For best flavor, let the salsa rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
This tangy sauce can be made in advance and simply brushed on chicken, steak, or veggies before cooking on the grill.
1 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and stir until the mixture is smooth. Simmer over medium heat until reduced by 1/3, about 15 to 20 minutes.
2. When ready to cook, season the meat or vegetables with salt and pepper and lightly coat with some of the barbecue sauce before cooking on the grill.
3. Warm the remaining sauce on the grill and serve alongside the meat and vegetables.
Creamy feta and peppery arugula compliment the fresh flavors of summer’s best produce in this irresistible side dish.
3 cup fresh corn kernels
2 cup baby arugula
2 lb tomatoes, sliced
4 oz feta, crumbled
2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine corn, arugula, feta, oregano, oil, and vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Serve tomatoes topped with corn mixture.
This patriotic dessert uses cookie mix for an easy but impressive treat.
2 packages dry sugar cookie mix (and ingredients needed)
1 can whipped white frosting
1/2 lb fresh strawberries
1 pint blueberries
1. Preheat oven according to the directions on your cookie mix. Lightly grease a large, rimmed baking sheet.
2. Prepare sugar cookie dough according to package directions. Spread dough evening onto cookie sheet.
3. Bake according to package directions, plus an additional 8-10 minutes or until the giant cookie is lightly brown. Allow to cool fully, then frost.
4. Decorate the cookie like an American flag using the berries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
More for Your Cookout:
Solutions for Your Military Family:
Life Insurance, Wealth Management, Mortgages, Survivor Services, and more.