An Afternoon with Your Besties
Are you feeling the winter blues and blahs creeping in? Make a detour to the couch for an afternoon of your favorite movies with your best gal pals.
Think you can’t do it because they don’t live in the same area or time zone? Guess again. Make plans to stream live content together, pop in videos at the same time, watch something on-demand simultaneously or tune into a YouTube channel.
To make it really fun, schedule the event a few weeks ahead of time by sending out “official” invitations by mail or online. It’ll be a great surprise and lots of fun to plan together, whether they can stop by for an in-person afternoon visit, or log into a social channel for a chat.
Here are a few oldies, but goodies to inspire your movie-watching extravaganza (in no particular order):
- “Definitely Maybe” – Ryan Reynolds and Isla Fisher
- “Only You” – Robert Downey, Jr., and Marisa Tomei
- “While You Were Sleeping” – Bill Pullman and Sandra Bullock
- “Before Sunrise” – Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy
- “Leap Year” – Mathew Goode and Amy Adams
- “Serendipity” – John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale
- “Never Been Kissed” – Michael Vartan and Drew Barrymore
Each one holds it’s own charm, from international locations to great supporting cast members, along with romance, a belief in destiny and a good sense of humor.
What are your favorite movies to watch with friends? Let us know by commenting below or clicking on “Tell Your Story”.