A Springtime Getaway to Paris
Dreaming of spring? Bonjour à Paris! Ah, the image of the Eiffel Tower is magical, but it’s only part of the picture — one we’d like to be part of right now. Think you’d like to go, too? Taking a trip to Paris can transport you to the past and the present all at once – filling all of your senses with the sights and sounds of romance, adventure and beauty. A springtime getaway to Paris will present something new and different to everyone – whether you go to experience the city’s history, art, music, shopping, scenery or cuisine. You will find it all around every street corner. But first… some inspiration!
Where to go?
Anywhere and everywhere. Here are just a few ideas to get you started as you plan out your adventure:
- Art Galleries & Museums – Centre Pompidou, Le Louvre, Musee D’Orsay
- Excursions – Les Chateaux de la Loire, Giverny (Monet’s home)
- Gardens – Jardin du Luxembourg
- Historic Places – Notre Dame, Versailles
- Kids – Aquarium de Paris, Jardin d’Acclimation
- Monuments – Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower
- Wine & Cuisine – The Champagne Region
You can see more ideas for what to eat, what to do, how to plan your travel and more on our “Travel Adventures” board on Pinterest, if you’re a member.
Now to set the mood.
What would an adventure to Paris be without laughter, love and drama? Settle in with a story that takes place in the City of Lights. From classics to mysteries, to animated and artful tales, you’ll get to wander the streets, experience the culinary specialties and enjoy the view without leaving your living room. There’s no need to wait, either. Make your escape now. Just pull up a seat and watch one of these to start your journey:
- A Tale of Two Cities – Charles Dickens’ classic dramatic tale set during the Revolution.
- An American in Paris – Gene Kelly will dance his way into your heart as a struggling American artist who falls in love with a charming French shopgirl.
- Before Sunset – The second installment of Jesse and Celine’s romance – you will want to watch Before Sunrise first (set in Vienna, Austria) — picks up their love story 10 years after they met. Will Jesse stay or leave this time?
- Da Vinci Code – Mystery and suspense abound in this fast-paced story of connected dots that have been protected throughout history.
- Frantic – A doctor’s wife is abducted on a trip to Paris. Who took her, and will he find her in time to save her?
- French Kiss – Meg Ryan’s character discovers her fiancé has left her for another woman and travels to France to find him. But what she finds is Luc (Kevin Kline).
- Gigi – Gigi is a young girl growing up in the presence of playboy friend Gaston. When she blossoms in to a young woman, their love blossoms, too.
- Les Miserables – Jean Valjean is on the run, but when faced with various consequences, makes a grand, life-altering decision that affects those around him in profound ways.
- Murders in the Rue Morgue – Edgar Allen Poe’s intriguing tale is brought to life in this tale of unexplained murders.
- Phantom of the Opera – From below the opera house, a forlorn disfigured “phantom” strives to win the heart of his favorite opera singer, Christine.
- Ratatouille – This sweet and smart animated film cherishes the flavors and sentiments of life in Paris… in the heart of a talented rat who happens to be a world-class chef.
Ready to go?
If you’re in the mood to make actual travel plans to Paris, check out this article we found on LonelyPlanet.com to get more insights. There’s also a great list of activities you’ll want to review on TimeOut. Bon voyage!
Have you been to Paris already? What did you enjoy most? We’d love to hear about it. Please share your story below in the comments or click on “Tell Your Story”.